Thursday, November 25, 2010

Not My Usual Sweet Potato Pie

Not My Usual Sweet Potato Pie

2 lbs sweet potatoes, baked until tender and peeled (about 6-2.5"x5" potatoes)
3/4 cup softened butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup half & half
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 pie shells, thawed

Preheat the oven to 424^F. Combine the potatoes, butter, sugars, spices and salt in a large mixing bowl and beat until well combined. Add half and half, eggs and vanilla and beat well. Pour into pie shells and bake at 425^ for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350^ and bake about 45 minutes or until pie is set in the middle.

This Sweet Potato Pie is BETTER than mine! John very tactfully said "it's as good as yours" but I know...it's definitely better. This is the best Sweet Potato Pie I've ever eaten!!!

Adapted from allrecipe.com's "Sweet Potato Pie I".

No comments:

Post a Comment