Monday, February 28, 2011

Cajunesque Rice & Beans

Cajunesque Rice & Beans

2 cups long grain rice
4 cups water
3/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp Cajun seasoning
1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
1 can dark red kidney beans

I use a Rice Cooker! It's much easier and always turns out nice and fluffy, unlike cooking it in a pot on top of the stove. Put the rice, water, cumin, turmeric, cajun seasoning and corn into the cooker. Put the lid on it, plug it in and turn it on. Meanwhile, slowly heat the beans over low heat and keep warm until the rice is done.

I HAD been going to make Black Beans & Rice to go with my Roast Pork, but when I searched my pantry I discovered I didn't have any Black Beans! So I concocted this and it turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself. I'll make it again, but use 2 cans of kidney beans next time with the same amount of rice. John loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment