Saturday, April 28, 2012

PB&J Pancakes

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
6 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups milk
1/4 cup peanut butter (I prefer crunchy)
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Your favorite Jam (grape if you're a pb&j purist)

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Combine milk, peanut butter, oil, vanilla and eggs in a separate bowl until well mixed. Add liquid mixture to flour mixture and stir until smooth.

Spoon 1/4 cup batter onto hot nonstick griddle for each pancake. Turn when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked

Serve with jam.

Confession time: I forgot to add the eggs to mine and I used 1 1/2 cups of milk (misread the recipe) and they were perfectly fine! In fact, they were quite delicious! I ended up with 14 pancakes and not a one was left over, 'cause John ate 10 of them!! Original recipe from my Publix meal plan from e-meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment