Thursday, June 24, 2010

Coney Island Hot Dogs

Coney Island Hot Dogs

1 lb ground chuck
1/3 cup water
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/4 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup catsup
1/8 cup sugar
1/8 cup vinegar
1/8 cup yellow mustard
1/4 tsp celery seed
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Cooked Hot Dogs
Buns

Cook the ground chuck, salt & pepper and onions in a skillet with the 1/3 cup water until finely crumbled and browned. Once the water has evaporated and the meat is browned, add the remaining ingredients, reduce heat and simmer at least 20 minutes. Serve over hot dogs in buns.

I always assumed that a Coney Island Hot Dog was just another name for Chili Dog...until I found this recipe on allrecipes.com (Grandpa's Classic Coney Sauce). I think I like this better than Chili Dogs! It's very tasty and I'll definitely make it again...probably in the slow cooker since the original recipe calls for cooking it several hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment