Sunday, July 25, 2010

Fluffy Canadian Pancakes

Fluffy Canadian Pancakes

3 egg whites
1 tbsp sugar
1 cup flour
1 tbsp baking powder
Pinch salt
1 cup milk
3 egg yolks

Beat the egg whites and sugar in a large glass or metal bowl until stiff peaks form. I love my Kitchen Aid Mixer! It was busy beating while I put the rest of this together.

In another large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in the milk and egg yolks until smooth. Fold in 1/3 of the egg whites, then quickly fold in remaining whites until no streaks remain.

In the meantime, heat a lightly buttered girddle over medium high heat. Pour or scopp the batter onto the hot griddle and cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides. Makes about 16 pancakes.

Serve hot with butter and warm syrup! These may well have been the best pancakes I've ever made! They were fluffy and light and tasted great!! John loved them...I swear the man ate a dozen by himself and would have ate more if I hadn't beat him to them!

Adapted from allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment