Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spicy Spaghetti

Spicy Spaghetti

1 1/4 lb. ground chuck
1 onion, diced
Garlic Salt and Pepper to taste
4 oz pepperoni, diced
Splash or two of Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 splash Louisiana Hot Sauce
1 heaping tsp Italian seasoning
1 large jar Ragu meat sauce
1 pinch sugar
Thin spaghetti
Grated Parmesan if desired

Crumble and cook the ground chuck, onion, garlic salt, pepper and diced pepperoni in a large iron skillet until the meat is finely crumbled and browned. Add remaining ingredients, stir to blend and simmer over low heat for at least 30 minutes. Serve over hot cooked thin spaghetti with grated parmesan.

This is really good spaghetti!

Back in the day, my Mom would have served this with Buttered Bread and cold dill pickles. My sister, Donna, used to chop the pickles up and mix them into her spaghetti. Don't laugh, but that actually tastes pretty darn good! I wonder if she still does that...I'll have to remember to ask her. Can you tell I'm feeling a bit nostalgic and missing my family tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment