Saturday, January 11, 2014

Fudge Pie

Fudge Pie


1 (9-inch) graham cracker crust
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat the oven to 325^F.

Combine the sugar, flour, cocoa, butter, eggs and vanilla and beat until well mixed. Spoon into the crust and bake for 25-30 minutes or until set.  Cool to room temperature and serve with whipped topping or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Hmmm...this was a big disappointment.  First of all, it took closer to 45 minutes for it to set, which made the crust really hard.  There wasn't enough filling to fill up the pie crust and it did not taste "fudgy" in the least. The crust issue could be my fault, because the original recipe called for a regular pie shell, but I had this graham crust from Christmas that I needed to use up, so I substituted it.  I would not recommend doing that. I wouldn't recommend the filling either though, because it just didn't taste that great, no matter what kind of crust you put it in.  Oh well...live and learn.  I didn't need to eat this pie anyway!  :-)

Original recipe from allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment