Monday, March 28, 2016

Orange-Glazed Ham

Orange-Glazed Ham
Adapted from the Barefoot Contessa’s Recipe

4 lb Boar’s Head Sweet Slice Boneless Ham
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
4 tablespoons orange marmalade
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
1 ½ teaspoons orange zest
1 tablespoon orange juice

Preheat the oven to 325° F.  Place the ham (“skin” side up) in a heavy roasting pan.

Combine the remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.  Pour about half of the mixture all over the ham and then seal the pan with aluminum foil.  Bake for 40 minutes or until the ham is completely heated throughout. 

Remove the foil and pour the rest of the glaze over the ham.  Increase the oven to 425° F and return the pan to the oven for 15 minutes more. 

Serve hot or at room temperature.


This is the ham I made for Easter Dinner 2016 for John and I.  It was good, but I still prefer an unglazed ham to one with any glaze I’ve ever tried.  John liked it though.  If I ever do this one again, I will follow Ina Garten's instructions to put the glaze in a blender until the orange peel in the marmalade isn't so chunky.  I was lazy and didn't want to wash the blender, so I chose not to use it. Live and learn.  

No comments:

Post a Comment