Sunday, July 5, 2009

Purple Monstrosity Fruit Smoothie

Purple Monstrosity Fruit Smoothie

2 frozen bananas, skins removed and cut in chunks
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Place bananas, blueberries and juice in a blender, puree. Use honey and/or vanilla to taste. Use more or less liquid depending on the thickness you want for your smoothie.

After reading about how good bananas are for you, I decided to give this smoothie a try. Being as how there is no way I can EAT a banana...it's a texture thing, plus the fact that they made me sick once when I was a little kid I've I've never been able to tolderate them since that day - they make me gag.... so I thought I might be able to drink one! The minute I smelled the banana this morning I knew I wouldn't be able to drink this, but I made it anyway. I probably would have been better off trying this in the afternoon given that I've never been too fond of any food early in the day. However, I gave it a try...a very small try...and I admit that the flavor was decent and if it hadn't been so thick and if it had been later in the day, I might have been able to drink at least half of a very small glass. My husband, on the other hand, loved it and was quite happy to finish drinking the entire thing! He says it would be even better with strawberries instead of the blueberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment