Monday, October 12, 2009

Kahlua Pig in a Slow Cooker

Kahlua Pig in a Slow Cooker

6 lb pork butt (Boston Butt)
1 1/2 tbsp Hawaiian sea salt
1 tbsp Liquid Smoke

Pierce pork all over with a carving fork. Rub salt then liquid smoke over meat. Place roast in a slow cooker. Cover, and cook on Low for 16 to 20 hours, turning once during cooking time.

Remove meat from slow cooker, and shred, adding drippings as needed to moisten.

WOW! This is delicious! The recipe above is from allrecipes.com. I used a 4 lb Boston Butt, a little less than 1 tbsp of sea salt (I couldn't find Hawaiian sea salt at my grocery store so I used plain old regular sea salt) and about 2 tsp Liquid Smoke and I only cooked it for about 11 hours. It was falling apart tender and tasted fantastic! Hard to believe only 3 ingredients is all it takes to make something that tastes so good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment