Saturday, July 9, 2011

Cinnamon Ice Cream

I was throwing things out of the garage the other day and found my Deni Ice Cream Maker. I'd completely forgotten I had one of those! So I'm making ice cream this afternoon to top an Apple Pie for dessert tonight.

Cinnamon Ice Cream

1 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp cinnamon

Mix milk and sugar together using a wire whisk or hand mixer so that the sugar completely dissolves. Stir in heavy cream, vanilla, and cinnamon, making sure that the cinnamon is well blended throughout. Pour mixture into your ice cream maker. Mix about 20-25 minutes. Makes 1 1/2 quarts

Helpful Hint: Cinnamon has a tendency to sink to the bottom of the ice cream mixture, so make sure that the ice cream is freshly stirred before pouring it in the ice cream maker!

This needs a pinch of salt! And next time I'd reduce the amount of heavy cream and increase the milk by the same amount.

From

No comments:

Post a Comment