Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Cajun Chicken Pasta


Cajun Chicken Pasta

3 large chicken breasts, cut into cubes
3 tsp Cajun seasoning, divided
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 large red onion, sliced
2 bell peppers, sliced (I used a mixture of red, green and yellow)
1 tsp minced roasted garlic
1/2 cup white wine
10.5 oz can low sodium chicken broth
28 oz can diced tomatoes (I used a can with basil, garlic & oregano)
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Garlic salt and pepper to taste
1 cup heavy cream
1 lb pasta (I used Rotelle)

Season the chicken chunks with 1 tsp cajun seasoning and brown lightly in a large skillet in the hot olive oil. Remove chicken from pan and add onions and bell pepper slices. Season with another tsp of cajun seasoning and cook about 5 minutes, stirring often. Add garlic and wine and cook until most of the wine evaporates. Stir in chicken broth, diced tomatoes and cayenne. Taste and season with garlic salt and pepper as desired. Stir the chicken into the mixture and simmer about 20 minutes.

Toss the pasta with the sauce and serve. If you're feeling fancy, feel free to throw some chopped parsley on top!

This is my lazy woman's version of a recipe found on the Pioneer Woman's blog! (I love her!) I always keep sliced peppers in the freezer so I only had to slice the onion tonight, which suited me fine after a long day at the office. This was easy and DEElicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment