Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Italian Cheese Stuffed Chicken

Italian Cheese Stuffed Chicken

4 chicken cutlets
3 tbsp cream cheese
1 1/2 tbsp shredded asiago cheese
1/2 tsp My Spice Sage's tomato powder
1/2 tsp dried basil + a sprinkle
1/2 tsp greek oregano
Garlic Salt and Pepper
Olive oil
Chicken broth

Preheat the oven to 375^.

Pound the chicken cutlets until thin and of even thickness. (That doesn't really sound right - thin but thick? - but I think you'll know what I mean.) In other words, make is flat!

Combine the cream cheese, asiago, tomato powder, 1/2 tsp basil, and oregano and beat until well mixed. Divide cheese mixture into 4 portions and spread over the flattened chicken. Roll up the chicken like a jelly roll and place, seam side down in a baking dish. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle with basil, garlic salt and pepper. Pour some chicken broth around the chicken to just cover the bottom of the dish.

Bake, uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked.

I served this chicken with Spaghetti all'Elsa and I spooned a bit of the sauce from that dish over the tops of the chicken rolls. Good chicken if I do say so myself! I saw a recipe somewhere a while back for chicken stuffed with cream cheese and sundried tomatoes, so that was the inspiration for this dish. next time I make this dish, I'm going to sprinkle some mozzarella over the sauced chicken rolls and broil it until the cheese melts!

No comments:

Post a Comment