Sunday, January 22, 2012

Breakfast Casserole

1 lb Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage, cooked, crumbled and drained
3 cups croutons
2 cups shredded Cheddar
6 eggs
1 3/4 cup milk
1 small jar chopped pimientos, drained
1 tbsp prepared mustard
Salt and Pepper to taste

Combine the sausage and croutons and place in a 9x13" baking pan. Sprinkle with Cheddar.

In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, pimientos, mustard, salt and pepper until well-combined. Pour over the cheese. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.

Preheat the oven to 325^F. Remove the casserole from the fridge and let set on the counter for 20 minutes. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

I don't remember where I found this recipe (it was a magazine clipping) but this is the last savory breakfast casserole I'm ever going to try. I keep hoping I'll find one I like, but I just don't. They all taste kind of bland to me, so I am officially giving up!

No comments:

Post a Comment