Friday, December 20, 2013

Ginger Molasses Spice Cookies

I saw these cookies on the Today show a few days ago and thought I'd give the a try.  They are awesome!  I already had all the ingredients in my pantry and the dough was quick and simple to mix up.  I did use salted butter though, and reduced the salt from 1/2 to1/4 teaspoon.  The cookies are soft and chewy and taste wonderful!  And the whole house smells like Christmas!

Ginger Molasses Spice Cookies

  • 12 tbsp butter, melted
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup full flavor molasses
  • 1 egg
  • 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp ground cloves
  • 1/2 tsp ground ginger
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp salt

  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • Sugar Crystals, if desired

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 3 baking sheets with aluminum foil. Lightly spray foil-lined baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.

In a large bowl, mix together melted butter, sugar and molasses. Add egg and mix until well blended.  Add the dry ingredients (flour, cloves, ginger, cinnamon, salt and baking soda)to the butter mixture and mix until combined. Dough will be wet. (I was a little worried at this point.  The dough looked like it would run into a big flat pancake, but I'm happy to report that they came out fine!)

Use a small cookie scoop or spoon to place 2 tbsp-sized drops of dough onto prepared sheets.  Leave at least 2 inches between drops of dough as it will spread as the cookies bake.  Sprinkle each cookie with sugar crystals if desired. I did...they look very pretty!


Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are slightly darkened.  Mine took 10 minutes and I ended up with 25 deliciously spicy cookies!  Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment