Saturday, March 22, 2014

Country Apple Dumplings

Country Apple Dumplings

1 large apple, peeled and cored
1 can refrigerated crescent roll dough
1 stick butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 can (about 6 oz) Mountain Dew

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x9 inch baking dish.

Cut each apple into 8 wedges and set aside. Separate the crescent roll dough into triangles. Roll each apple wedge in crescent roll dough starting at the smallest end. Pinch to seal and place in the baking dish.

Melt butter in a small saucepan and stir in the sugar and cinnamon. Pour over the apple dumplings. Pour Mountain Dew™ over the dumplings.

Bake for 35 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.

I found this at allrecipes.com and have been meaning to make it for months....finally got around to it and it was absolutely delicious and really easy.  I cut the original recipe in half.  I do think this is too sweet, so the next time I make it (and there will be a next time!) I'm going to reduce the sugar and see how that turns out.  And I think I'll use a larger pan, because they were too crowded I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment