Tuesday, September 29, 2009

John's Cajun Chicken Pasta

I had to go to the doctor today for a routine check-up and when I mentioned that I tripped a couple of weeks ago and hurt my knee, she recommended that I get an MRI to make sure I didn't tear something and said I should stay off it as much as I can until we get the results. Hey! I'm good with that! So when I told my dh he volunteered to cook dinner tonight. Isn't he sweet? (OK, I might have been just a LITTLE theatrical about the seriousness of my knee situation, but whatever works, right?)

John's Cajun Chicken Pasta

1 onion, chopped
3 tbsp EVOO (he likes to watch Rachael Ray!)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into small bite-sized pieces
1/2 tsp basil
1 1/2 tsp minced roasted garlic
1 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
1 tsp Mrs. Dash Tomato, Basil & Garlic flavored seasoning
1/2 cup diced green pepper
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tsp lime juice
Pinch sugar
5.5 oz can V-8
1 can Stewed Tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes with garlic & basil
Hot, cooked spaghetti

Saute the onion in the olive oil until soft. Add the chicken, basil, garlic, Cajun seasoning, and Mrs. Dash and cook until the chicken is done. Stir in the green pepper, lime juice, sugar, V-8 and both cans of tomatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes. Serve over spaghetti.

Great job, John! We will be having this again! I think it would be good over rice as well.






No comments:

Post a Comment